Use case 2: Problem and incident analysis for energy service infrastructure
Who is this for?
- Operators of smart grids and districts
- Facility managers
- Owners and managers of properties
Why is this a problem?
- Sub-optimally operated infrastructure can cause discomfort, create security vulnerabilities, reduce infrastructure lifespan and increase operating and maintenance cost.
- Understanding infrastructure performance, singling out false alarms and investigating incidents is very difficult and time consuming due to the sheer amount of different measurements from different infrastructure components and sensors.
- Inability to operate infrastructure with optimal performance can lead to unnecessary and costly over-sizing of infrastructure during planning of new or retrofit installations.
How can Plutinsus solve this?
- Plutinsus provides a software tool for easy and efficient data analysis.
- Include measurements from any kind of component or sensor such as pumps, valves, heat exchangers, boilers, PV production, EV charging stations, electrical consumers and external data such as weather.
- Benchmarking – based on component characteristics and environmental conditions – helps to assess performance levels.
- Correctness of measurement data can be ensured through plausibility and completeness checks.
- Establish indicators to raise alarms in the case of exceptional situations.
- Combine smart machine algorithms for anomaly detection with interactive visualization for efficient human analysis to reliably and correctly determine the incidents that require action.
- Use interactive root cause analysis to investigate unpredicted and undesirable situations.
- Explicit inclusion of structural information into the analysis tool provides guidance to the user and makes overwhelming amount of measurements accessible and useable.